Thursday, December 23, 2010

Featured Artist: Kaitlyn Rosenblum

For the past week or so I have been listening to Kaitlyn Rosenblum's music non-stop and have constantly been sharing her videos, so it only seemed appropriate that I do my first featured artist post about her.

I found out about Kaitlyn Rosenblum through Tyler Ward's USA Live Lounge contest, in which she was the winner. After beating out many other talented YouTube artists, Kaitlyn proved that she has the talent to win. What did she win? She was able to fly to Colorado and perform two covers with fellow YouTube artist Tyler Ward (He will be my next featured artist). The two covers that they did were "Empire State of Mind" (Alicia Keys) and "Jar of Hearts" (Christina Perry). I bought both of these covers on ITunes and it was worth every penny. Kaitlyn has a smooth, beautiful voice, and has amazing control. The video for the "Jar of Hearts" cover was just released today, and the first word that comes to mind is beautiful. She sings with so much passion and I can feel every word that she sings. Her voice just pulls you in wanting more. The video for it helps even more to feel connected to her singing. I have a lot of respect for her because it is not easy to pull in the audience through songs that aren't your own, but Kaitlyn makes each song her own which is amazing. Here is the video for "Jar of Hearts":




It was Kaitlyn's cover of Katy Perry's "Firework" that really got my attention. To tell you the truth, I didn't listen to Katy Perry's version until after I heard Kaitlyn's cover. Kaitlyn's cover of "Firework" is far better than Katy Perry's. I hate comparing cover songs to the originals because often they are both different but great in their own way. But I think if Kaitlyn's cover was put to Katy Perry's music video for "Firework", then the message would get across even better. There is something unique and magnificent about Kaitlyn's voice. It is soothing and pure. I felt every word she sang, but once she hit the chorus I was almost in tears, it was so powerful. I can honestly say that this was one of the most beautiful covers of any song that I have ever heard. Listen to the cover:




I look forward to hearing more from Kaitlyn and I hope her the best in her singing career, I know her voice will take her very far. Please subscribe to her YouTube and don't forget to buy her music on ITunes!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KaitlynAnnnn






0 comments:

Post a Comment

AdSense

hostgator