Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Album Review: Rachel Wong "Curtain Fall"

***Post transferred from Tumblr blog



 
Normally I choose what I write about but this time Rachel Wong asked me to write a review of her album Curtain Fall and I am happy to do it.

When I first listened to Curtain Fall, I could imagine just relaxing around a campfire listening to the songs, and maybe even people singing along. All the songs have that catchy acoustic theme that everyone loves. There is no doubt that you will relate to just about every one of the songs just because they are about everyday life experiences. Rachel draws influences from artists John Mayer, Sara Bareilles, and others like them. You can definitely hear that when you listen to this album. If I was to pick a favorite song I would say it would be “Disease”. It is about how love is a welcomed disease and it is an interesting way to look at love. Back in Bellevue, WA I heard Rachel perform this song live and it is great to hear it again.

Rachel Wong is a very talented singer/songwriter. I look forward to hearing more music from her. Anyone reading this review should go and buy her album NOW!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/curtain-fall/id403804523





0 comments:

Post a Comment

AdSense

hostgator